Sunday, January 24, 2010

+ 2

Remembered a couple more classics...

Sawyer got underwear for Christmas. Exciting I know. At first he refused to acknowledge that they were underwear. He kept insisting they were socks. Then one day a couple weeks later he was suddenly excited to wear his underwear. Unfortunately, he wasn't excited to use the potty. He went through 3 pairs of Sesame Street underwear in under 15 minutes. Then he told me "Sometimes Elmo is mad at me...because I poop on his face." As Bryce pointed out, that would make anyone angry. We've taken a break from underwear for the moment.

Sawyer also seems to be the creator and instigator of a new game the boys like to play. Out of the blue Sawyer will say "Hey Will, let's cry" and then they both pretend to sob until they get bored and go do something else. It is always Sawyer who suggests it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, bite the bullet and get that kid toilet-trained! Yes it will be messy for a while but you have a vacation in April riding on getting it done!

ottspot said...

Oh come now...I'm sure you will be happy to watch your only two grandchildren whether or not Sawyer is potty-trained.

Don said...

I have no idea how to potty train Chloe.
I say, "Do you want to use the potty or a diaper?"

Diaper!!!

I always know when she is going potty because I hear her bedroom door slam and then she locks her door.

Now if only she would transfer that same technique to the bathroom.

ottspot said...

With Will we just went cold turkey. No more diapers. When we had to leave the house and at night he wore "night time undies" aka pull-ups and I tried not to let him know they were basically diapers. He fought it for a while and kept asking for his diapers back. But he didn't like being gross so he eventually gave in and used the potty. Sawyer doesn't care about being gross. He is happy to wander around in his mess. So there is a motivation problem.

romanrobertaloftus said...

I have the same problem with Alyssa. She just doesn't care if she's messy... So I decided to wait a little longer too.
Sawyer has quite a personality... Just like Will. They are both really cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What's with Goodgame 77?

ottspot said...

It was a spam blog. I deleted it and reported them.