Monday, January 30, 2012

Review

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I am curious if there will be a sequel to this book because it just ends. The plot builds throughout the book and then reaches a crisis in the last few pages and there is not much resolution to the story. The story itself was interesting although I enjoyed the first half of the book much more than the second half. The most interesting part of this book was the note that all of the photographs are real photographs found by the author or borrowed from other sources. The photographs add a unique element to the book and the author is skilled at creating an eerie mood.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm impressed that you read this book! I flipped through the pictures at Sam's Club one day and they totally creeped me out. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!