Saturday, May 02, 2009

Will says...

Will picked up an old birthday card that he got last year and "read" it to his friend Sophie. According to him, it said "Dear Daddy Will, Always remember to have a birthday every year. Always remember to say thank you to your friends."

Will is a little bit obsessed with his birthday. Every day he tells me that I'm not invited because of some way that I've offended him, such as "Mo-om! Don't tell me to go to time out! You are NOT invited to my birthday party." or "Mo-om! Don't tell me to clean up! You are NOT invited to my birthday party." He has been doing this for months. Why do all little kids think that not inviting someone to your birthday party is the worst thing you can do to them?...hmm, come to think of it, I guess it is kind of traumatic to know there's a party and that you weren't invited. How do they figure that out so fast?

Two nights ago I put on my shoes and Will said "Where are you going?"
Me: Nowhere Will.
Will: Mo-om, I want you to go to a meeting!
Me: I don't have a meeting tonight Will.
Will: But I want you to go to a meeting.
Me: Why?
Will: I want you to go to a meeting.
Me: Why?
Will: I don't want you to stay here and bother me.

Apparently my son finds my presence annoying...I can't wait until he is a teenager.

And under the how-much-he'll-owe-me category...Will spent the 4-5 a.m. hour this morning screaming about 1. the things on the ceiling, 2. the people who were throwing things at him, and 3. the "wiggly" ceiling and floor.

Sawyer says: Mommy, Daddy, Mollie, something that sounds like "Boccckkkk" that I think is maybe "box," ball, peees (please), jooooce (juice), no, yeah. He also says a lot of words that all sound like "booooool" with kind of a swallowed L on the end...this word means ball, boat, bottle, balloon, and pretty much anything that starts with a B. Sawyer also says "dob dyte" which means, of course, "pop tart."

I was weeding in the yard today (it is Monday now...I'm adding to this post instead of writing a new one) and Will walked up to me and said "Mom? Chasing someone with a stick is called hockey."

Will was up from 5:50-6:20 this morning screaming that there were bugs all over him. When I told him to go back to sleep he started sobbing and saying "I don't want to go to sleep. I'll have more bad dreams!"...he really is terrified to go to sleep at night sometimes. His bad dreams will be the death of us both.

15 comments:

M.M.M. said...

Apparantly Will learned something From Chelsey last summer.
"Don't tell me to clean up! You are NOT invited to my birthday party."
Chelsey tells me a variation of this theme, oh, every day.
"Melissa!!!! Stop telling me what to do, or you are not going to get to take me to see Hannah Montana!!!" Oh say it is so!

Also, have you considered Will might be suffering from schitzophrenia? (how the heck to you spell that) If he is seeing things and having things thrown at him....Just a thought. You have seen "Beautiful Mind" haven't you? I have, that is why I am able to diagnose serious medical conditions. And I also have internet access, so I can google, and I can get imformation from message boards. Like "I have a headache." And I would say, "Go to the ER now. You are having an aneurisum." (another word I cannot spell)I learned this from a yahoo message board.
I would get Will checked out. As you can see, I know what I am talking about.
Don't worry too much though-there's medication for that type of thing- have a nice day!! : ) And another : ) for good measure. I love smiley faces, don't you? Almost as much as the word "adorable" and "lol." And "stinkin'"

M.M.M. said...

why does no one comment on our hilarious blogs?

I guess our children aren't cute enough. Dang.

M.M.M. said...

No bundt pan-now I know what to get you for your birthday.

M.M.M. said...

do

M.M.M. said...

you

M.M.M. said...

remember

M.M.M. said...

when

M.M.M. said...

people would

M.M.M. said...

take up

M.M.M. said...

pages in

M.M.M. said...

your yearbook

M.M.M. said...

and say

M.M.M. said...

wasn't that

M.M.M. said...

annoying?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought you must have struck a chord with a lot of people with this post to have 15 comments. I think Melissa must be bored!