Monday, July 27, 2009

(More) Fun in the (Hot) Sun

The annual Ott family reunion was on the 25th of July so we headed down towards Bryce Canyon for the weekend. It is held at his grandparents' "duck pond" every year. Picture a duck pond...now take out the ducks...and the pond...and replace them with dirt...and juniper trees...and cow pies...oooookay, now you've got it!

The weather was actually significantly cooler than we've been getting up here and we missed out on a big rain storm by just a couple miles. The food was good, the folks were friendly, and everyone had a good time. I got startled by a huge (fake) snake...thanks Kolter!...but attempted to defend myself by reminding everyone that when I was down there 2 months ago I did come across a 4-5 ft. long blow snake that gave me a bit of a surprise when I almost stepped on it.

The boys especially had a good time. They attained never-before-seen levels of dirt saturation. Especially Sawyer. While everyone else was eating dinner he was sprawled out on his stomach moving dirt around with a plastic spoon.

I'm now accepting applications to bathe this child. Anyone? Anyone?


I guess he figured clothing was only getting in his way at this point.


I went to take a picture of Will right after taking these and before I could snap one my camera batteries died. I guess we had too many picture-taking moments in the last few weeks for it to handle! (Oh, and I apologize once again for not getting my recipes submitted! I'll try to rectify that situation. Shame on me.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how light Sawyer's hair has gotten. It sure didn't get sun-bleached while you were out here. Judging from the dirt level, a great time was had by all.

M.M.M. said...

So apparantly you like to do all your blogging on the same day. I should have spread these out so I could read something new every day of the week.

I was thinking the same thing about Sawyer's hair.

M.M.M. said...

I got my dress at Macy's in October, in Utah. want to borrow it? I could mail it!