Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why, why, why Wyoming

We spent the weekend in Wyoming. Laramie to be specific. My brother was in Laramie for the week so we drove out to visit. We also went to the BYU vs. Wyoming game that happened to be the same weekend. The boys did remarkably well on the drive there and back. They slept most of the time both ways. Which is good, because if they had acted the way they usually act in the car I would still be recovering from a total mental breakdown. And let me just say, I wasn't even doing the driving, but the drive across Wyoming on 1-80 is one boring drive. And I have spent a fair amount of time as a passenger in a car on some boring drives. (The state of Nebraska comes to mind here too.)

Photobucket

Will got to "hang out with Uncle Evan" which is high up on the list of his favorite activities. Will spent most of the weekend toting around Evan's old still-semi-functioning cell phone. He kept pressing buttons really intently and we asked what he was doing and he said he was "texting Sophs" and "sending her pictures." Oh my. The thought of that child at 14 is truly frightening. We took the boys across the street to the pre-game festivities and Will wanted to go on an inflatable obstacle course. I told him he had to give me the cell phone first. He handed it to me and I put it in the diaper bag. When I looked back at him he was busy "texting" on another cell phone that he had stashed in his pocket. He obligingly handed it over. I put it in my bag only to look back and find that he was now using a THIRD cell phone which he had also stashed in his pocket. Sawyer got to play with Paul and chase the "puppies" which were really cats. Sawyer was disappointed that Paul didn't come home with us and kept asking "Where's Po? Where's Po?" on the way home. Bryce and I spent 3 hours at the football game with no children and also got to hang out with Uncle Evan and Laurel.

Photobucket

A grand time was had by all (well maybe not Laurel and Evan...but that's what you get for inviting us!...but you didn't think we'd actually show up did ya?!) Heh heh heh.

Photobucket

For anyone who doesn't follow BYU sports (cough, cough 90% of the people who might read this)...Wyoming fans are not particularly fond of BYU fans. Like in the physical violence and destruction of property type of way. Luckily, Laurel and Evan provided our boys with some camouflage. And we used it. Don't judge.

Photobucket

And turns out we only spotted one BYU-insulting middle-aged man during our stay. And his biggest insult seemed to be that we "think Provo is so much better than Laramie, but Laramie has everything Provo has...except Provo has a mall." Yes, he actually said this...and meant it to put the BYU-wearing fans in front of us in their place. I guess it is hard to think of much to say when you just got beat 52-0.

No comments: