Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Choices

I had a follow-up appointment with the urologist. They did 2 x-rays and told me that the stone was gone. Which seemed kind of obvious seeings that I was no longer wanting to cut out my own kidney with a butter knife.

On the topic of prevention the urologist said there "was no magic bullet...but it might help to avoid certain foods - like chocolate." There were more things on the list, but I can handle limiting my spinach and cranberry juice intake.

Chocolate. Hmmm.

Having a kidney stone and lithotripsy was probably the most painful experience of my life. I would have preferred to have a c-section. Especially since a baby is cuter than a kidney stone. And the experience is costing a good chunk of money. Looks like it will be at least $1600 out of pocket.

But I do like chocolate. Hmmm.

And not eating it might help avoid getting stones in the future.

Hmmm.

I think the choice here is obvious.

Brownie, anyone?

No comments: