Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Erin Go Bragh



(Ireland forever)

I always liked St. Patrick's Day as a kid because my name was on the signs. I still kind of like it for that reason. I made corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread this year. I decided that I do not like corned beef. Next year I am making pot roast and calling it corned beef. I have authority to do stuff like that because my name is Erin. Even if my name inspiration was from a character on the Waltons and I'm not Irish.

Will spent most of the afternoon trying to catch a leprechaun using a stick and a big gulp cup. Before bed I caught him changing clothes and asked what was going on. He told me that "there was a little bit of pee in his underwear...from a leprechaun...that tricky leprechaun!" Nice try child. About 10 minutes after I put him to bed I heard sobbing and discovered Will crying because he "hadn't caught a leprechaun." I told him that no one had ever caught one. He was insistent that other kids got to see one, but I told him that was impossible because they were invisible. Obviously.

1 comment:

M.M.M. said...

corned beef "sssssssssssucks!"